Skip to main content

Google Maps and Streetview new pricing on June 11th

Comments

13 comments

• Wayne Richard
    Thanks for the heads-up Jimmy, we will be posting an announcement soon.  I would refer to Google's documentation for details - https://mapsplatform.googleblog.com/2018/05/introducing-google-maps-platform.html

I believe they are allowing $200 per month of free usage so it will depend on your individual usage if you go over that or not.

Regards,

Wayne Richard

Latitude Geographics Group Ltd.

Head Office: 300 – 1117 Wharf Street  Victoria, BC Canada V8W 1T7

Tel: (250) 381-8130 | Fax: (250) 381-8132 | wrichard@latitudegeo.com 

Developers of Geocortex web-based mapping software | www.geocortex.com

An Esri Platinum Business Partner

• Carlos Silva
    Is there a Mapillary tool tool available as an alternative? 
  • Wayne Richard
    Hi Carlos,

I could not find any past examples of using Mapillary in one of our products.  It may be possible and if you want to pursue it, I would recommend contacting your Account Manager to see if our Professional Services group could help.  Alternatively, you can try posting a new post in the Essentials or HTML5 Viewer section so other users have full exposure to the question.

Regards,

Wayne Richard

• Wayne Richard
    Hi Carlos,

I have just been told about this demo integration - 

http://gedemo.geocortex.com/Html5Viewer/index.html?viewer=Mapillary.Mapillary

You will find Mapillary under the "Linked Maps" toolbar item.  So it is definitely possible.

Regards,

Wayne Richard

• Carlos Silva
    Thanks Wayne, that's what I was looking for....

the biggest reason why I need that tool is because 1) Google Streetview is mostly out of date here at YVR (unless it's the main road and around the terminal & 2) I have a few colleagues that just can't get out to places here locally. Mapillary & this GC tool will help immensely. Now I just have to implement the tool myself! Got a contact or is there a code repository for this demo?
  • Leon Bowers
    Hi Wayne or Carlos,

I've looked at the demo above and it seems that the Linked Maps button has been taken away from the interface. Is there a live demo including Mapillary integration, or are either of you able to share Mapillary integration success or examples?

Kind regards,

Leon.
  • Carlos Silva
    Hi Leon

i never got around to adding mapillary to our in-house GC app, but I did receive some files to make it happen. I believe Wayne can put you in contact with Paul Van Haaren at Latitude.  

Tangent... I had seen the City of Abbotsford's GC app (https://maps.abbotsford.ca/Html5Viewer/) for the public... lots of good tools set up here, including Google StreetView (see other maps tab) 
  • Nicola Parfett
    In terms of the new Google Billing system, which SKU should be enabled for the StreetView integration to work?  Do you have any advice on what to enable?
  • Wayne Richard

Hi Nicola,

I believe it is simply referred to as 'Google Maps', this will allow for Street View static images in the viewer.

Regards,

Wayne

• Mike Hargreaves
    For anyone not wanting to use Google's new pricing system, if you just keep it the way it was, it will open to a "Development only" weird image, but if you then click the "View on Google Maps" it opens to the same location and the image is fine.
  • Jack Zhang
    Hi @Wayne Richard, is the demo viewer of Mapillary still working? I treid your link but there's no Linked Maps button. Would be great if it can be restored. thanks.
  • Paul Van Haaren
    Hi Jack,

The Mapillary demonstration has been moved to our "Proof of Concept" instance, which is located here:

https://gedemo.geocortex.com/Html5ViewerPoC/index.html?viewer=MapillaryIntegration

Cheers,

Paul

• Chad Yowler
    Hello Paul,

Is there source code available for the Mapillary Integration? Thank you!

Please sign in to leave a comment.