We've had several recent inquiries about support for Vector Tile Services / Vector Tile Layers in Geocortex Analytics and the upcoming VertiGIS Studio Analytics.
TLDR: In GA, no support, VSA some support but will always be limited because of data limitations for them in the ArcGIS server platform.
"Does Geocortex Analytics support monitoring Vector tile services at the ArcGIS Enterprise/ArcGIS Online level?"
No. Geocortex Analytics does not support monitoring Vector Tile Services at the AGOL/AGE level. These services are only hosted, served up through AGE/AGOL tomcat webserver and this means that their logging is not directly accessible to us.
A caveat on partial support here at the web service level:
• vector tile services are accessible as a web service, e.g. https://basemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Basemap_v2/VectorTileServer?f=json
• You can monitor a URL like this as a generic website, we describe this in docs: Analytics Administrator (vertigisstudio.com)
• This type of monitoring is basic: it can only tell you if a response fails or is too slow. You can also add a content alarm to look for a certain response.
"Will VertiGIS Studio Analytics have support for Vector Tile Services in the upcoming release?"
Yes, VSA will have support for vector tile services. If it shows up a service, it’s monitorable by VSA.
A few caveats here though:
• There will be no alarms in the initial release of VSA, so it’ll be limited to the data we can get for it.
• Vector tile services are only available as hosted services. This causes us a big problem; hosted services do not write log files which is where a lot of our data comes from for service operations and usage. The exception is tile requests, those we get from tomcat logs (slightly different than what we did in GA, so requires different config to enable)
Please reply here if you have any further questions!