Skip to main content

Why is Sharing Permissions window showing deleted workflows?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

• Gareth Evans

Hi Jenny

Can you share a screenshot of where in your VSW app you have these workflows configured please? That'll help us narrow down what's going on there.

• Jenny Oh

The other two are

• Jenny Oh

I am also calling the Google Street View and Filter from the "I want to.." by command Show

• Gareth Evans

Hi Jenny

You're on the right track... my suspicion is there is a reference to these workflows somewhere in your app.

This is where Pinpoint search comes in. You can use this via the magnifying glass in the upper right of designer - or cntrl+shift+F.

For example, say we're trying to track down my workflow called "EV Charging - Find Charging Station" - I don't know where it is that I'm referring to in my app.

We open Pinpoint search & put in "charging" - I know that string is less common and should show few results.

I can see here that there is a configured item in the IWT menu with a workflow called "EV Charging - Find Charging Station" - I can click this to be taken straight there.

Aha! Here my workflow is. I can then remove it or update it to a different workflow as I wish.

If Pinpoint doesn't help, we can use the JSON editor to peek at the app JSON. This is where we are identifying your dependencies from. To see the app item JSON in designer, press cntrl+shift+E to go into the JSON view. Within that text editor, click into the window and press cntrl+F to get a search box in the upper right.

Note that we refer to the items by the AGE/AGOL item, so you'll need to cross-reference those if you want to search by that string. 

If you're still stuck, I'd refer you to our friendly neighbourhood support team: vertigisstudio-support@vertigis.com - they can help further.

• Jenny Oh

I did use pinpoint to search but the DEV version are not showing up in the pinpoint search so I will consult  support

• Cam Barnard

We've also captured a story around adding a feature in Designer you can invoke that will show you a list of workflows not associated with any UI element/event. We can't auto-clean them because there are legitimate use cases where you'll have them configured... but we can show you a list and allow you to remove those you no longer need. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.