This article will explain how to use the security store editor to add custom search fields to the Windows integrated security provider.
When we search Active Directory (AD) for users we create a query that searches the following fields:
When searching for groups we only search for:
These fields are hard coded and always work, however you may want to add your own custom fields as well.
- Run the Post installer, and click the menu in the upper right
- Select "Edit Security Store"
Before making any changes, you should back up your security store. Select the whole file, and save it to a new text file somewhere on your server, so you can roll back if needed!
- Look through the file for one of the preexisting ServiceDetails elements
- Under that element (</ServiceDetails>), add the following:
<ServiceDetails xmlns="clr-namespace:Geocortex.Platform.Security.Integration.Windows"> <Searchers> <Searcher Path="LDAP://ldap.latitudegeo.com/DC=latitudegeo,DC=com" UseContainsQueries="true"> <GroupSearchFields> <SearchField>cn</SearchField> <SearchField>sAMAccountName</SearchField> </GroupSearchFields> <UserSearchFields> <SearchField>cn</SearchField> <SearchField>sAMAccountName</SearchField> </UserSearchFields> </Searcher> </Searchers> </ServiceDetails>
- Make sure to substitute the Searcher path for your domain's LDAP path. You will also want to add any user or group fields to the appropriate places. In the example above, you can see that we are searching the latitudegeo.com domain for the cn and sAMAccountName fields, for both the users and groups.
Article is closed for comments.