This article will show you how to automatically invoke the identify operation when left clicking the map in the Geocortex Viewer for HTML5.
- Navigate to your viewer configuration in your sites folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Latitude Geographics\Geocortex Essentials\Default\REST Elements\Sites\YourSite\Viewers\YourViewer\VirtualDirectory\Resources\Config\Default
- Make a backup copy of your Desktop.json.js file
- Edit the original
- Search for "MapOnClickBehavior"
- You should see an element like this:
"name": "MapOnClickBehavior", "commands": [ "InvokeMapTip", "ClearDefaultHighlights" ]
- Add "Identify" to the comma separated list. The commands should now look like this:
"name": "MapOnClickBehavior", "commands": [ "InvokeMapTip", "ClearDefaultHighlights", "Identify" ]
- Note that you needed to add a comma to the end of the "ClearDefaultHighlights" command
- Another option is to replace the "InvokeMapTip" command with the Identify command (since it is unlikely you will need both). In that case, the element would look like this:
"name": "MapOnClickBehavior", "commands": [ "Identify", "ClearDefaultHighlights" ]
- When you are done, save your file and refresh your viewer. You should now invoke an identify operation when you left click on your map.