You can put Essentials behind a reverse proxy server, however some additional configuration is needed to make Essentials reverse proxy aware. This KBA will explain what you need to do to make Essentials to work with your Reverse Proxy server.
For instructions on setting up ARR for use as a reverse proxy, see this KBA: https://community.vertigis.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415983965458
- Run the Post installer on the Essentials server
- Navigate to "Configure Geocortex Essentials REST API"
- Click on the Hosts button
- Add your Reverse Proxy URL, and click OK
- Click finish in the Post installer
- Open Essentials Manager
- Click on the Application Settings link (in the top right)
- Add your REST URL to the External REST URL field. For example, https://MyReverseProxy.MyDomain.com/Geocortex/Essentials/REST/
- If you are using Identity server, read on.
- ?Still in Manager, click on the Security and Data tab
- Edit the Identity server settings
- Set the Identity server URL to your reverse proxy URL, and click OK: