If you use ArcGIS authentication for Geocortex, you may see the following error the first time you try to load a Viewer after copying a Site's Site.xml file from one instance to another:
The current security policy for Geocortex Essentials does not allow any suitable sign in methods for this request.
This error will appear even if you have configured authentication for both instances with the same Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online. It happens because Essentials has cached some information about your services in the Site.xml file, and that information is no longer valid.
There are two possible solutions for this issue. Each will produce the same results; option A requires less technical knowledge and option B can save time if you have many Sites to migrate
A) Log in to Essentials Manager and Save the Site.
- Open Essentials Manager and edit the Site in question.
- Turn any layer on then off again, or vice versa. This will make the Apply Changes button available.
- Click Apply Changes.
- Click Save Site.
B) Update the Site.xml.
- Navigate to your Sites folder, open the Site folder for the Viewer that isn't loading.
- Open Site.xml in a text editor.
- Use the Find… function, search for <CachedServiceData>.
- For each instance of <CachedServiceData>, remove the entire element including the start and end tags:
- Save the file.
After completing the steps for one of the options above, reload your Viewer to ensure it loads successfully. If your Viewer still does not load, please contact VertiGIS Support: email@example.com for further assistance.