This KBA will talk about the process of using your Essentials installation in a purely offline environment.
Make sure that your internal URL is in the post installer hosts file. The local server name should have been added automatically when Essentials was installed, but if you are using a different internal URL (for example, an internal reverse proxy server, or a different DNS cname), you will need to make sure it's on the list.
Viewer:Edit your viewer index.html file, and remove the // from this line:
- Any map services that your site is using must be locally available. Make sure that the URL you are using for your map services points to the correct server, and do not require a route to the internet.
- You will also want to make sure that the services are resolvable from any PCs where you will be running the viewer.
Geometry Service:By default, your Essentials site will use the Esri AGOL sample server for it's geometry service. You will need to set an internal geometry service if you want to do any geometry operations.
- Edit your site
- Go to GIS Services
- Go to the Geometry tab
- Enter your geometry service URL, for example: http://support6.latitudegeo.lan/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/Geometry/GeometryServer
- Configure your security settings (if needed)
Workflows:If any of your workflows are referencing any external sources, you will need to modify them. Some common places you may find external URLs include:
- Display forms
- Query Tasks
- Get Map Service Info activities
- The variables panel