|This can be for two reasons: |
1) ArcGIS server by default limits queries results to 1000. This can be changed by:
- Opening ArcGIS server manager: http://server:6080/arcgis/manager/
- Edit the service you'd like to increase the number
- Go to the "Parameters" options
- Change the "Maximum Number of Records Returned by Server" to the desired number
- Restart the map service
If the customer wants to return very large results, it might be better to do the query in batches rather than increasing that number
2) The other reason can be a limitation in the underlying database. Even if ArcGIS server has a higher limit, the database might still limit this. In this case ArcGIS server might return an "Unable to complete operation" error for the query.
If this is the case, change the ArcGIS server logs to "Verbose" and check for errors there. (http://server:6080/arcgis/manager/ --> LOGS)
If the database is Oracle, look for error ORA-01795 stating that the query reached the limit of 1000 records.